1. A creative “work” (including article, news piece, meme, image, screenplay, synopsis, or story summary) has been submitted for publication GunMemes.com’s website and/or social media property or properties. I understand that GunMemes.com has no obligation to read and evaluate said work or to inform me of its evaluation, if any. I understand that GunMemes.com has full discretion to remove said work or modify it after publication without notice.
2. I understand that GunMemes.com will refuse to accept or otherwise evaluate any work in the absence of the acceptance by me of each and all of the provisions included of this release form.
3. I represent and warrant that I am the true creator of the work submitted and that I have the exclusive and unconditional right and authority to submit said work to GunMemes.com for publication. I warrant that any and all accompanying photos, artwork, or other images were produced personally or obtained from a photo supplier legally and in no way infringe upon the copyright of any third party (eg. Shutterstock.com). I hereby indemnify and save GunMemes.com harmless from any and all claims, expenses, losses, or liabilities that may be asserted against or incurred by GunMemes.com at any time in connection with the said work and/or any image utilized in conjunction with it’s publication. I acknowledge that I am solely responsible to ensure the work and accompanying image(s) are free of any copyright.
4. I acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship exists between me and GunMemes.com (unless outlined in an Exhibit A) and I further acknowledge that no additional relationships are established between GunMemes.com and me by reason of this release, or by reason of my submission to GunMemes.com of said work.
5. I acknowledge that GunMemes.com receives numerous submissions of ideas, formats, stories, suggestions, memes, pictures, and articles that may be similar to or identical to this submission. I understand that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by GunMemes.com of any such similar or identical material. I acknowledge that the presentation of the work to GunMemes.com will expose the work to others and that I fully know there is risk in sharing ideas with anyone when soliciting a creative work. I hold GunMemes.com harmless of any wrongdoing should GunMemes.com receive a work submission similar to my own which may be also published through GunMemes.com properties.
6. This release extends to GunMemes.com, its agents, affiliates, employees, vendors, officers, directors, owners, and volunteers and any party associated with the website.
7. In the event of any dispute concerning said work or concerning any claim of any kind or nature whatsoever, arising in connection with said work or arising in connection with this Release, such dispute will be submitted to arbitration. Each party hereby waives any and all rights and benefits which he or it may otherwise have or be entitled to under the laws of the State of Virginia to litigate any such dispute in court, it being the intentions of the parties to arbitrate all such disputes according to the provisions hereof. Either party may commence arbitration proceedings by giving the other party written notice thereof by registered mail and proceeding thereafter in accordance with the rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association. The Arbitration shall be conducted in the county of Pulaski in the State of Virginia, and shall be governed by and subject to the laws of the State of Virginia and the then prevailing rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrators’ award shall be final and binding and a judgment upon the award may be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
8. I hereby acknowledge and agree that there are no prior or contemporaneous agreements, oral or otherwise, in effect between GunMemes.com and me pertaining to said work including, but not limited to, agreements pertaining to the submissions by me of any ideas, formats, plots, commentary, or the like. I further agree that no other obligations exist or shall exist or be deemed to exist unless and until a formal written agreement has been prepared and entered into by GunMemes.com and me.
9. Should any provision or part of any provisions be void or unenforceable, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed omitted and this Agreement with such provision or part thereof omitted, shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement shall at all times be construed so as to carry out the purposes stated herein.
10. I hereby state that I have read and understand this release and that no oral representations of any kind have been made to me by GunMemes.com and that this signed release shall supersede and otherwise overrule any and all other oral or written agreements.
11. I understand and represent that my registration to GunMemes.com with all release terms indicates my understanding and agreement to all said terms and is a legally binding document applicable to the laws of the State of Georgia.
12. I understand that GunMemes.com reserves the right to update the Terms and Conditions at any time, for any reason.
13. I understand that by registering for the site I will also begin receiving email updates from GunMemes.com, with the knowledge that I can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email updates I receive.